PR & Communications Intern
Time Commitment: Minimum of 25 hours per week for 3 months
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY, NY
We are an early-stage, pre-launch, fashion tech startup building the first rental platform for curated South Asian attire and accessories; think Rent the Runway meets global fashion. At RENTALYA, we partner with designers to provide the US consumer with access to high quality, fashionable pieces at an affordable, rental price point. We believe in working hard, having fun, and always learning. Our founding team is fueled by passion, working (insanely) hard, and positive vibes :)
About the Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the founding team and engage first-hand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, go-getter who will help tell RENTALYA’s story through media mentions. The ideal candidate is a hustler who is excited to build a brand story through media partnerships and influencers.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with founders to build full PR, communication, and launch strategy.
- Cultivate opportunities for consistent, high quality media mentions including interview requests, online publication mentions, social media shout-outs, etc.
- Write press materials, craft pitches, and brainstorm creative storytelling ideas.
- Build media list and research relevant outlets, reporters, publications, and influencers.
- Assist with marketing and PR events, including RENTALYA popup events.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You are highly social and feel energized about sharing and promoting our story to the appropriate media outlets.
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing privileges.
- Excellent organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup.
- A passionate, self-starter who can take ownership in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for fashion, e-commerce, technology, and startups.
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
- Working and collaborate directly with founders.
- Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
- Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
- WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
- Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.