Shopify Developer Intern
Time Commitment: Minimum of 25 hours per week for 3 months
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY, NY
We are an early-stage, pre-launch, fashion tech startup building the first rental platform for curated South Asian attire and accessories; think Rent the Runway meets global fashion. At RENTALYA, we partner with designers to provide the US consumer with access to high quality, fashionable pieces at an affordable, rental price point. We believe in working hard, having fun, and always learning. Our founding team is fueled by passion, working (insanely) hard, and positive vibes :).
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the founding team and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who is a Shopify development specialist to help customize our Shopify store. The ideal candidate prides themselves on being a Shopify and tech wizard and has experience with theme customization and integration. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to turn our vision to life and work from a rather “blank slate”.
What You’ll Do
- Customize existing Shopify theme including: (i) making appropriate changes to the templates, (ii) loading products onto the products page, and (iii) installing necessary plugin apps and third-party services.
- Collaborate with UX design team to identify and implement key customer features.
- Spearhead roll-out of front-end and bank-end website functionality for customers and our operations / logistics, respectively.
- Lead integration of search engine optimization techniques and Google Analytics in close collaboration with marketing team.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Shopify web development.
- Experience coding on top of Shopify theme preferred, but not required.
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions.
- High-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference in a growing organization.
- Passion for fashion, e-commerce, technology, and startups.
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
- Working and collaborate directly with founders.
- Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
- Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
- WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
- Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.